Hiking in Bad Kleinkirchheim
Spend your hiking holidays in Austria
Helga Ronacher and our professional mountain guide will take your on a breathtaking hiking tour (levels range from easy to advanced) through the Nockberge National Park.
Here you will have an opportunity to experience unforgettable moments such as sunrise in the Alps, alpine festivities or a picnic on Kaiserburg mountain.
The unique rock formation of the Nockberge mountains and its fresh alpine air ensure hiking in Bad Kleinkirchheim will always be a special experience. The panoramic views along the trails are absolutely stunning. Hikers will encounter fascinating fauna such as alpine roses (Rhododendron) that bloom into a sea of flowers, and mountain fauna that roam freely on the nature reserve. There is also plenty to enjoy when you stop to catch your breath: The sunny terraces of Carinthia’s alpine taverns invite you to rest your weary legs and savour a hearty meal, naturally from locally sourced produce.
Alpe Adria Trail - Hiking from the Großglockner mountain to Triest
The Alpe Adria Trail is a varied journey of discovery through three countries – Austria, Italy and Slovenia – and three cultures. From the foot of the majestic Grossglockner to the azure blue sea. On the Alpe-Adria-Trail – with heavenly views in the “Garden of Eden”. With views over a well balanced mix of glorious spectacles of nature, alpine water experiences and a fascinating world of animals and plants. Along lakes, streams and rivers until we reach our destination, the Adriatic.
During themed weeks “Following the Alpe Adria Trail” we hike with you over the beautiful Millstätter-Alm pasture to such viewpoints as Granat-Tor, Rosennock summit, Zunder walls and the Falkert.
Hiking guides, transfers, picnics ... we organise everything for you.
Dates: 1st & 2nd week of September
Hiking Holiday in Bad Kleinkirchheim
- 1,000 km of marked and well-maintained trails.
- Safe ascent trails between 1,000 m and 2,500 m above sea level.
- Safe high-altitude trails with splendid panoramic views.
- Traditional, cosy alpine taverns.
- Overwhelming beauty of the mountains and its water: crystal clear springs, picturesque mountain lakes, wild torrents and babbling brooks.
- Nockberge National Park with its unique flora and fauna
- Hiking excursions for everyone: hop aboard a cable car and start your tour from the top of the Nockberge mountains. It will save you having to walk uphill.
Recommended hiking gear:
- Good hiking shoes
- Rain gear or windbreaker
- Microfibre underwear
- Light trousers
- Hiking socks
- Trekking boots
- Hat or head covering
- Backpack (with padded straps and curved back)
- First-aid kit
- Energy bars, drinks
- Trekking pole
A visit to the National Park is a great way for kids to discover nature.